Friday, June 18, 2010

Crochet Obsession

When it comes to crochet,
I have to confess,
I have been accused
Of being obsessed.
Just one more stitch!
Just one more round!
I just can't seem to put my hook down.
What's that, Dear? You're hungry?
Yes, yes, Dear, I know,
Just, please, let me finish
This one last row.
What did you say, Dear?
You're ready for bed?
My doily's almost finished;
You go on ahead!
What? The house is on fire?
Alright, I'm on my way,
But first let me gather
All my books on crochet.
And my yarn and my hooks
And my WIP's and......
Oh dear!!!!
So, tell me St. Peter,
Are there any crochet groups up here?
Copyright Elizabeth Ann White 2010

10 comments:

eezelifeinbc said...

Love it, Ann,I am right there with you, LOL

Ann said...

Thank you, Jewel, I know I am in good company!

Barbara said...

So true, not enough hours in the day!

Ann said...

I agree, Barb! There's never enough time to get everything I want to make finished!

Gloria Beatriz said...

beatifull obsession!!! Tienes una buena creatividad y a veces quieres terminar y te interrumpen... Pero sigues y sigues tejiendo.

crochethuahua said...

Thanks for posting this poem! This is why I have so many WIPs lol

Mrs Twins said...

You are clever Anne, I love the poems.
Hugs Suex

knitalatte said...

I really enjoyed your post. First time here and it is lovely.

Ann said...

Thank you all so much!
I love to write poetry, and while I know I am not Emily Dickinson, I enjoy it.

MamaLezlie said...

That poem is GREAT! Love it!